While I am not thrilled with the idea of wearing a face mask for most of the teaching day, I understand the need for them right now if in-person teaching is to occur. Healthcare workers and many others have to wear them all day, so I know that I will have to get used to it.
- Schools should provide face covering breaks throughout the day. Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet during these face covering breaks. Schools may allow students to remove face coverings when students are:
- Eating or drinking when spaced at least 6 feet apart;
- Seated at desks or assigned workspaces at least 6 feet apart;
- Engaged in any activity at least 6 feet apart (e.g., face covering breaks, recess, etc.); or
- When wearing a face covering creates an unsafe condition in which to operate equipment or execute a task.